Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thanking soldiers, it can be quite simple. Americans owe our troops a thank you!

When I was in San Antonio last month, I was having lunch at Cracker Barrel and noticed a young couple with an infant out of the corner of my eye. I knew they were military, they had the look and we were across the street from Brook Army Medical Center. The sadness in their eyes and expressions on their face pulled at my heart strings and I quietly asked the waitress to give me their lunch check and just simply tell them Thank You!

Well, they got it out of the waitress who bought their lunch so I went over and spent a few moments. I gave them a business card and simply said, thank you both for your silent sacrifices and service to our country. I am forever grateful. It was a very touching moment, I left and figured I would never hear from them. I just got this email via face book. Now this is what my crusade is all about! Afterall the American Soldier Network is touching lives daily, changing our country, spreading an attitude of gratitude one one neighbor, one friend, one colleague, one American at a time! Join me, help support the efforts of the http://www.americansoldiernetwork.org/ , we can't do it alone! We need everyone's help! Now here's the email names and cities removed for privacy, read and reflect!
God bless!

September 14 at 6:08pm

I just wanted to say Thank you for all you do. I met you once at a cracker barrel in Texas. I was with my husband SGT.+++ We were going home after a long day at BAMC. Where he was diagnosed with TBI. He is being treated and seen now daily at home. I had the little baby boy. We actually have five children in all. I just wanted to say hello! You ask that we keep in touch and I wanted to tell you that you were a blessing that day to meet. We were struggling to pinching pennies to get back and forth to BAMC. That day you do not know how much you were a blessing to us. I promised to keep in touch and that is why I looked you up. I was wondering what all you do. My husband has been to IRAQ 3 times. Two before ever meeting me. I met him during his 3rd tour and I was getting out of an highly abusive marriage. We kinda found each other and were pen pals ourselves. No intentions of being more, but God had other plans. He is truly the love of my life and my children's. I am amazed at how things turned out. Anyhow I just wanted to say Hi!

Become a fan on face book
http://www.facebook.com/annieinsports?ref=profile#/pages/Mission-Viejo-CA/American-Soldier-Network/46242186870?ref=ts

Follow us on twitter   http://twitter.com/forRtroops
Follow our founder Annie on   http://twitter.com/annieinsports

No comments: